Gwinnett Tech's Health Information Management Technology (HIMT) program provides a strong foundation of skills used to keep vital records and manage technical systems for the healthcare system. According to Select Georgia, Georgia is becoming a hub for healthcare information technology companies. As data collection, analysis and dissemination becomes increasingly vital to the healthcare and bioscience ecosystem, demand for robust, versatile information systems will grow exponentially.
HIMT professionals work across a vast array of roles from analysts to project management to healthcare system management and governance roles. In an HIMT educational program, you will acquire marketable skills and knowledge to:
- Ensure the accuracy, usefulness, integrity and protection of patient health information throughout a healthcare enterprise
- Apply leadership skills toward the implementation of electronic health information systems
- Assess and strategically plan for healthcare data and information needs to both manage and improve the quality of clinical and business operations
- Manage many new and exciting operational and technology-related projects related to health information management
- HIMT professionals work in a variety of healthcare settings